Well we made it to Cape York with our young son and what an amazing adventure we had, I wasn’t sure it was possible but with some careful planning not only did we make it but we had a fantastic time along the way!!
Our learnings were:
1. Be realistic about daily travel times with young children and the distances you can cover – we only travelled during Sam’s daytime sleeps which meant it took longer to get to Cape York than we initially thought but we had a happy little boy the whole trip 🙂
2. Equipment – you need the right equipment and cover yourself for equipment failing as we found this did happen from time to time:
– the Eddie Bauer bed worked extremely well, depending on the size of your child it should be useable up to 6 months but larger babies may find it too small after 5 months
– the XXXX fold down bath was a great bathtime solution whilst camping enabling us to ensure Sqm had his daily bath regardless of whether we were on a commercial campsite or a remote site
– te Summer Bottle Warmer and Steriliser enabled us to heat Sam’s bottle when all other camping gear was packed away – great for on the go!